Mercury has been is classified as a neurotoxin. It has been scientifically proven that mercury (amalgam) fillings in your mouth continuously release small amounts of toxic vapor into your body every time you eat, drink, brush your teeth, clench your jaw, chew gum and so forth. Over time, exposure to these toxic vapors can cause chronic mercury poisoning. But what exactly are amalgam fillings and why do they pose so many risks to our health? And for those of us who have metal in our mouths, how do we go about safely removing it?