We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
You’ll still receive the same great service from our dedicated team, however to ensure the safety of all our patients we’ve implemented the following processes.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
New Appointment Process
- Prior to your appointment, you will be receiving a text message and an email with a Covid-19 related screening questionnaire. Please read through the questions carefully and inform us before arriving at our office if you answer “yes” to any of the pre-screening questions.
- Please arrive to your appointment 15 minutes early and stay in your car. Call 262-691-4555 or text us at 262-422-6709 to check in and let us know of your arrival.
- We ask you to please wait in your vehicle until we are ready for you and we will either text or call you when we are ready and it is okay to enter the office.
- All patients are required to wear a face mask to adequately cover your nose and mouth. It can be a homemade mask, a bandana, a scarf, they are all acceptable.
- When you enter the office, you will be asked to confirm all questions on the Covid-19 screening questionnaire are still “no” answers. We will also use a digital thermometer to check your temperature. If any question on the questionnaire is a “yes” or if you are found to have a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees, we will be required to reschedule your appointment after an appropriate amount of time to insure the safety of all our patients and team.
- If all is well, you will be escorted directly to your treatment room where you will be asked to thoroughly wash your hands before being seated and asked to rinse with a pre-procedural rinse prior to your treatment.
Other Safety Measures
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. To allow us to practice social distancing and maximize safety for our patients, we have expanded our office hours to 8AM to 4PM on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and 8AM-3PM on Friday. This will allow our team to work in shifts, reduce the number of people in our office at any given time, have room to spread our patients out, and extra time to disinfect our treatment rooms. Please note that we will do our best to run on time to reduce waiting times, but dentistry and healthcare can be very unpredictable at times, so please be patient with us and we will do our best to take care of you.
- We will allow for more time between appointments, that may mean fewer available appointment times.
- For the immediate future, our waiting room will be closed.
- To help us with our social distancing measures, we ask for you to please come alone to your appointments. The only exceptions to this rule are for children and disabled patients. However, we do ask that only a single parent or legal guardian bring their child to their scheduled appointment and that no other children are brought to the appointment, as well. If you can’t attend your appointment alone or if your appointment time doesn’t allow you to bring a single child, please let us know so we can reschedule your appointment for a time that works better for you.
- Your dedicated treatment room will be sanitized and prepared with CDC approved disinfectants and we always use one of the most advanced autoclave sterilization systems for hand pieces and instruments.
Medical Grade HEPA filtering Air purifier units have been installed.
- Click here to view the Covid-19 Consent form.
- Payment receipts will be emailed to the patients instead of printed at this time and credit cards will be sanitized before and after use.
- Our team will be wearing full personal protective equipment including N-95 facemask, gloves, gowns, goggles or shields for everyone’s protection.
- We promise to keep smiling behind our PPE!
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this time. We appreciate your flexibility and feedback as we move forward together. As we receive guidance from the CDC and ADA we will alert you to any changes in our procedures. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 262.691.4555 or visit our submit our Request an Appointment form.